Another cost reduction factor

Counterfeits are everywhere. Find out ways to get the best retail prices locally, via the American mail-order pharmacies, or foreign pharmacies as safely as possible.
FORUM RULES: It is important not to do anything immoral, unethical, illegal, or against your doctor's advice.

Not all methods posted here will work. These are simply ideas some people have found to be useful.

We require polite behavior on this forum. (otherwise your posts will be eliminated and you will be restricted).

The Disclaimer page carefully explains about how the information you find on this site can be safely used. Follow its guidelines & it can help prevent problems. Don't blindly follow advice found here. Consult your doctor or a qualified licensed medical provider before using ANY information, ideas, or methods of saving money on meds to help ensure they are safe for your own health issues. Any information on this website is used at your own risk. Click here to read our Disclaimer.

Another cost reduction factor

Postby Too Many Pills!! » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:20 am

Me again...yes, I'm a nightowl but I'm getting tired and will soon stop bombarding you with posts :oops:

Another tip from personal experience that's saving me a lot of money: Allegra D is a prescription allergy medication in the US but in Canada its Over the Counter. OTC meds aren't always cheaper than when they required a prescription but many times the price does drop. In my case I now get 90 Allegra D 12 hour caplets for $48 (plus $10 shipping) from Canada while the best US price I can find for the same quantity of the exact same drug is $134. They are still the same strength and produced by the same pharmaceutical company. I don't know what other drugs fall into this category but I'm sure there must be more.

The source I found had the best price on Allegra D (quoted above) is a site called www.CanadaDrugsOnline.com. I've ordered from them multiple times and have never had a problem.

Of course the same qualifications that were in my last post still apply here:

"There can be risks in ordering meds through the mail whether its from another country, through online auctions or even from US mail order pharmacies. But similar risks can apply even at your local retail pharmacy.

Yes, the US government still frowns on importing prescription medications, primarily for what they tell us are "safety" reasons. Yet some large cities and more and more states are now contracting to have all medications for the programs they administer imported from Canada."

Best advice I can offer is to thoroughly research your source and always be aware of exactly what medication (and strength) you're supposed to be taking.

Gretchen aka "Too Many Pills!!"
Too Many Pills!!
Volunteer

Location: NJ, AZ, NJ, AR, NJ, PA, NJ and who knows where next!

Re: Another cost reduction factor

Postby jimithy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

updated and checked for broken links. 8/9/2011 by jimithy
jimithy
Site Admin

Return to Counterfeit Drugs Can Be Local, Via Mail Order, Or From Foreign Pharmcies