A common stomach germ can kill you

A large percentage of every dollar spent for medications is used by pharmaceutical companies to pay for the numerous days of continuing education required of each doctor every year. Doctors are pummeled with information about the newest drugs, not necessarily the best drugs for your specific needs and income.
FORUM RULES: It is important not to do anything immoral, unethical, illegal, or against your doctor's advice.

Not all methods posted here will work. These are simply ideas some people have found to be useful.

We require polite behavior on this forum. (otherwise your posts will be eliminated and you will be restricted).

The Disclaimer page carefully explains about how the information you find on this site can be safely used. Follow its guidelines & it can help prevent problems. Don't blindly follow advice found here. Consult your doctor or a qualified licensed medical provider before using ANY information, ideas, or methods of saving money on meds to help ensure they are safe for your own health issues. Any information on this website is used at your own risk. Click here to read our Disclaimer.

A common stomach germ can kill you

Postby jimithy » Tue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Most people have finally realized that antibiotics do not help against viral infections. It also common knowledge that antibiotics used in excess by billions of people are creating "SuperBug Bacteria" that are a tremendous danger at this time. So... antibiotics are getting a bad reputation.

There are some diseases can pretty much ruin your life IF you do not kill the bacteria with antibiotics. Peptic Ulcers, GERD, acid reflux, etc. are usually caused by a bacteria that eats cholesterol to produce Ammonia in order to protect itself from your very hostile stomach acid. A byproduct that it releases is a neurotoxin that can create the above problems but it also can give you major life-threatening diseases.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gives out this advice about ulcers:
Ulcer Facts
• Most ulcers are caused by an infection, not spicy food, acid or stress.
• The most common ulcer symptom is burning pain in the stomach.
• Your doctor can test you for H. pylori infection.
• Antibiotics are the new cure for ulcers.
• Eliminating H. pylori infections with antibiotics means that your ulcer can be cured for good.
http://www.cdc.gov/ulcer/

The H. pylori bacteria can also cause various cancers. According to the U.S. government's National Cancer Institute:
What are the health consequences of H. pylori infection and can it be treated?
People who are infected with H. pylori almost always develop chronic gastritis (stomach inflammation), frequently without symptoms. In addition, between 2 and 20 percent of people infected with H. pylori will develop peptic ulcers (ulcers of the stomach and upper small intestine). H. pylori infection is also known to cause gastric (stomach) cancer and has been reported in some studies to increase the risk of some other types of cancer.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/fact ... ori-cancer

Studies in the last two years have produced strong evidence that the neurotoxin can also produce a type of Parkinson's disease and possibly ALS/PDC (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (aka Lou Gehrig's Disease)/parkinsonism-dementia complex).

So don't just put up with your troublesome stomach problems... CURE THEM with an antibiotic. You can save giant amounts of cash by quickly curing these terrible diseases before they can be detected.
jimithy
Site Admin

Re: A common stomach germ can kill you

Postby Parquet » Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Don't forget Lyme Disease! Two of my loved ones have caught it and they did not detect it in time to kill all of the bacteria. One of them died from complications from Lyme Disease.

Lyme disease is pretty well known but most people don't know that it is quickly spreading to areas of the U.S. that never had to deal with it before. Also a lot of people don't khow that they need to get to a doctor just as soon as they think that they might have gotten it.

A tiny "fly-speck" sized deer tick is where the infection comes from. My doctor said that the tick must be attached for 2 days before it will infect you. The problem is that those ticks are so small that most people don't know that one is on them. Whenever I go outdoors where there might be deer ticks I take a bath that evening with a quarter cup of bleach in the water. That is not enough to turn you or your hair white but I have been told it will make the tick drop off. Then it goes down the drain with my bathwater.

Whoops I was wrong. I couldn't remember where I heard about using bleach water so I did a Google and found a page by the Missouri Department of Conservation. They have a lot of good stuff about removing ticks from your body and your clothes. Here is the address http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/avoid ... ests/ticks

The infection sometimes produces what most people call a "bulls-eye" rash where the tick bit you. It usually doesn't look anything like a bulls-eye target. It is often just a round red spot or a single red ring. It isn't obvious and it doesn't itch so many people don't know they've been infected. Lyme causes major problems & it is usually a very long time before you have any symptoms. If you think it is possible you might have Lyme disease you should quickly get to your doctor. If you tell them that you might have just gotten Lyme disease then they should open a spot in their schedule right away. There is a type of antibiotic that can kill all of the bacteria if you take the pills soon after the tick bite. You must take the antibiotic exactly the way the doctor tells you.

I got a bulls-eye rash and saw my doctor the next day. Since our area has a lot of Lyme disease the doctor put me on the antibiotic right away and then tested me about a month or so later to see if I had caught Lyme disease. Luckily I did not.

Many areas of the country have ticks that can give you diseases other than Lyme disease but I think Lyme is the worst.
Parquet
Member In Good Standing

Re: A common stomach germ can kill you

Postby dlcnurse » Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 am

Over 50% of the world population is infected with the Helicobactor Pylori bacterium. Many contract it as a child, contracting it as an adult is much less common. Over 80% of those people infected are asymptomatic. It is thought that the germ can be passed from person to person through direct contact with saliva, vomit or fecal matter. It also can be spread through contaminated food or water.

The inside of the stomach is bathed in about a half a gallon of gastric juices every day. The stomach is protected from its own gastric juice by a thick layer of mucus that covers the stomach. The helicobactor pylori germ will embed itself within the lining (the layer of mucus) and it requires colonization to grow. Symptoms include a ache or burning pain in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting, frequent burping, bloating, and weight loss.

Over a period of time the germ will take hold and produce more acidity, more gastric production of the juices in the stomach causing the inflammatory response which creates "gastritis". The Helicobactor pylori in itself does not cause the ulcer; the ulcer is created by the inflammation of the stomach lining, i.e. gastritis.

Treatment is not recommended in those persons who are asymptomatic, but for those people that develop chronic gastritis and become symptomatic, it is recommended. If you are futher interested in reading about the Helicobactor Pylori you can also check out this site: http://www.helico.com as well as the sites listed in the above post.
dlcnurse

Return to Talk With Your Doctor