Free/low cost drugs list available from companies

PAP are required by the US government in return for huge considerations and subsidies to drug companies.
FORUM RULES: It is important not to do anything immoral, unethical, illegal, or against your doctor's advice.

Not all methods posted here will work. These are simply ideas some people have found to be useful.

We require polite behavior on this forum. (otherwise your posts will be eliminated and you will be restricted).

The Disclaimer page carefully explains about how the information you find on this site can be safely used. Follow its guidelines & it can help prevent problems. Don't blindly follow advice found here. Consult your doctor or a qualified licensed medical provider before using ANY information, ideas, or methods of saving money on meds to help ensure they are safe for your own health issues. Any information on this website is used at your own risk. Click here to read our Disclaimer.

Free/low cost drugs list available from companies

Postby dlcnurse » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:47 pm

A very useful site that I recently viewed and downloaded the information is great.

This site offers a free download of all medications that are available through the pharmaceutical companies and it gives the phone numbers to call and ask about the medication you are interested in. It has some very useful information. And has a A to Z listing. they also have a downloadable version that you can print and keep for yourself that is free of charge.
8/04/07
Please note that this site is no longer available as a resource. I appreciate the poster who notified of the problem of uncharted teritory when clicking on the medications, it is leading persons into some sites that have not been checked for the legitmacy. dlcnurse
Last edited by dlcnurse on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlcnurse

Postby paranoid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:32 pm

The web site, institute-dc organization, you have listed above is a sometimes deceptive for-profit site. It can provide some good information if you are careful where you click.

Near the top of their home page they offer a free download of a booklet that has some excellent generic methods for reducing drug costs and it has a lot of phone numbers for specific drugs after that. That booklet is good as far as it goes. It does not provide website references for the drugs listed.

Further down that page on the right they list many commonly prescribed drugs (with links to each). If you click on any of those links they try to sell you information that slightly expands upon their free booklet for $6.

Also they do not screen the large number of ads on that site and many of those companies (as far as I am concerned) are not legit.
paranoid

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:09 am

Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I had not clicked on all of the medications listed. I should have. Some of those listed does lead you into some uncharted teritory, it also does mention cost which it is not our intention to mislead anyone.

The booklet for the most part was informative. I will remove the listing so that no gets lead into a area that could get them into hotwater. I appreciate you posting and notifying me.

dlcnurse

list of medications available through PAP's

Postby dlcnurse » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

A very reputable source for a list of medications available through PAP's can be found here:

http://www.needymeds.org/generic_list.taf

and

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.taf

They have a list of 4,084 medications. Also a good resource when looking for reputable drug cards.
dlcnurse

Return to Prescription Assistance Programs (PAP) This Is Not Charity